November 28, 2022
How to Prepare for Your Beauty School Tour
Are you interested in beauty and thinking about pursuing a career in the beauty industry? It’s time to schedule a beauty school tour! A tour is the perfect opportunity to envision yourself at the school to see if it’s a good fit. At Queen Beauty Institute, we help students pursue their love for beauty. Whether that’s hair, skin, or nails we have a place for you!
Now that you’ve done your research and scheduled the tour, it’s time to see the campus! What an exciting time! In this blog, we’ll walk you through what to expect during your tour so you can be fully prepared!
What Happens On A Beauty School Tour?
A tour is the perfect time to envision your future here. During your tour, you’ll be able to meet with instructors and students, learn about the culture, and see what the school has to offer. At Queen Beauty Institute, we offer these different programs:
- Cosmetology: This program covers all things hair, skin, and nails. This can help prepare you for a variety of careers.
- Esthetics: This program is all about skincare. Students can learn the science behind skin and the different treatments and services.
- Nail Technology: If you love creating nail art, you should consider this program! This can help prepare students to become licensed manicurists.
- Hair Braiding: If you’re creative and enjoy chatting with people, this could be a great program for you. You can dive deeper into natural hair to learn how to make beautiful braids, work with different hair types, and more.
- Teacher Program: This program could be perfect for you if you have a love for beauty and teaching. You’ll be able to make a difference in the lives of future beauty professionals!
We hope that with our variety of programs, you’ll be able to find one that works for you and your goals. We encourage you to take a look and do your research on these different programs so you can make the right decision for you!
What Do I Need To Bring?
During your tour, you’re not required to bring anything. However, we do recommend a few things! We want you to feel prepared, so we recommend bringing these things:
- Friends or family: This is a big step in your career and it’s great to have the support of loved ones. It’s also a good idea to have them as an extra set of eyes and ears!
- A notebook and pen: Before the tour, we recommend writing down all your questions or concerns you may have in a notebook. Bring this notebook with you so you don’t forget what questions you had! You can also use this to write down the answers to your questions to review later.
What Questions Should I Ask?
This is your time to ask any and all questions. While you probably have questions already, let us help you with additional questions so you can get the most out of your tour! Here are a few:
- What programs are available?
- How long will it take to complete a program?
- What can I expect to learn?
- What are the application requirements?
- What does a typical day in the life of a student look like?
- What is the cost of tuition?
- Do you offer financial aid?
- What schedule options are there?
- Why should I choose this school?
Like we said before, we recommend writing down the answers to these questions so you can review them later! We want you to get the most out of your time with us. This decision is an important one and we know that pursuing a new career can be a lot to think about. Asking questions will help you make the right decision!
Ready To Get Started?
Are you ready for your beauty school tour? Take the first step by getting in contact with us! We are more than happy to answer any questions regarding your tour, our programs, schedules, or anything else related to your education.
Our mission at Queen Beauty Institute is to educate our students on a professional level so that they can achieve long-term success in the beauty industry. We’re so excited to help you along your journey and we can’t wait to hear from you!